Monday, March 25, 2013

Rage defeat the Marion Blue Racers 39-38!

Did you make the trip to Marion to catch the Rage this weekend?  I do know of some people in Owensboro who did, and I know they had a good time!

The Blue Racers were desperate for a win, and those guys made some changes to their team as well (most notably several coaches).  They actually played a lot better than I expected for a 1-4 team.

Still, I do consider this a big win for the Rage.  After those 3 losses in a row we had, this win felt great.

I was a bit nervous early in the game but after our new guys started feeling more comfortable things went a lot better.

Lorenzen started out a little shakier than I expected, but he quickly came back and reminded us of why he is such a legend.  The guy plays with no fear.

Two of the other new guys really impressed me too.  Bernard Luster proved to be just as impressive of an addition to the team as Lorenzen.  The guy caught everything.

Our kicker Dustin Zink looked great!  He is another guy on this team with a link to the old Northern Kentucky River Monsters. 

And...  I am very proud of the whole team.  Ryan Wheat has looked tough even during our losses, and he came up big again this week.  Dray Mason has not let up at all.

Anyway, I think the Rage are definitely back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment