Friday, March 1, 2013

Intro


Owensboro is a great town with everything a humble person might want.  There's plenty of good sites for hunting and fishing near by.  One small mall is plenty for any town.  It has a great downtown coffee shop in The Creme.

It is surrounded by a ton of other great towns too (I'm talking to you Utica, Calhoun, Maceo, Stanley, West Louisville, Saint Joseph, and even you Rockport, though you are in the wrong state).  These are all great areas, with friendly old timers in cozy small general stores who all have big hearts.

I can get a mutton sandwich and burgoo any day of the week.  I don't care if it is from Moonlite or Old Hickory as long as it is from Owensboro (I can't explain it, but both actually taste better when eaten in Owensboro).

Enough with the sentimentality.  Owensboro is good place.  Sweet old folks live there.  Its a good place to raise kids.  The pace is slow and relaxed.

But, Owensboro gets its backside kicked at times.  It has missed out on some opportunities, it has dropped from the 3rd largest city in Kentucky to the 4th.  Once great hotels and convention centers have been demolished (or that unfortunately need to be demolished)... etc. etc.

Which is why I feel so excited about Owensboro getting something cool, like a professional football team!

The Owensboro Rage have now played a few games this season, and they are doing great!  I am impressed enough with this team that I felt the need to start a fan blog devoted to them.  I will try to post photos from games, links, and any other info I can relating to the team.  PLEASE feel free to drop me a line.  I would love to post any contributions from players, coaches, family, or other fans of the team.

PLEASE visit the teams official site- owensbororage.com.  More importantly, please make it to some of their home games and do what you can to support them!  They have a small operation and anything you can do to support them will help keep them in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment