Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Next Game

This Saturday, the Rage play the Kentucky Xtreme (from Louisville).  There is a little part of me that totally wants to trash talk this team.  Personally, I spend most of my time in Lexington, and it is usually very hard for me to say something good about a team from Louisville.

There is a little mischievous voice deep inside of me that wants to talk some serious smack.  I want to say that the only good thing that has ever come out of Louisville is a guy named Bill Ashburn.

But I would not be telling the truth.  I love Louisville.  The place rocks.  I have spent many days there watching AAA baseball games, eating at Lynn's and sipping Heine Bros. coffee.  Its a cool town.

And, in general, I like their sports teams too, as long as they aren't playing another team from Kentucky.

The Xtreme have had some cool beginnings- here is a great article about how the team came to be:

http://kentuckyguard.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/air-guardsmen-bring-xtreme-football-to-louisville/

This is definitely a team I would cheer for any other day, but not this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment