Monday, April 8, 2013

Rage defeat the Bulldogs (again) 78-0!



I had a great time in Owensboro this weekend at the Rage game!

The Rage again beat up on the Cincinnati Bulldogs.  I don't know how else to put it exactly, but for the second time this season, the Rage defeated the team from up north not allowing them to score one time.  In fact, the combined score from the two games is 138-0.

The Bulldogs are a more loosely put together team of players ( I heard a rumor that they actually recruited some locals to play for them this weekend) but they sure played with a ton of heart.

Also, after what happened earlier in the season, it says a lot about them that they were willing to play in Owensboro again.  I tip my hat to them.

Check out their site at:

http://www.northernkybulldogs.com/

This was a cool game too because Jared Lorenzen made his home field debut! Man, is he fun to watch!
I overheard one person comment that it looked like his teammates were not used to catching a ball thrown so hard and accurate. They ARE obviously starting to get used to it now.

I really like the other new additions too.  Our new kicker, Dustin "Uno" Zink is extremely skilled and accurate.

Jared Lorenzen was his usually hammy self during and after the game.  He tossed the ball to kids during breaks in the game (there's a story for the grandkids!) and he signed autographs for everyone afterwards.

I talked with him briefly after the game and told him it was great seeing him playing in Owensboro.  He very humbly thanked me for saying that and said that he was happy to be doing it.

I think that says a ton about him.  Jared played in the NFL and has really done just about everything.  Its not like he needs to be playing in the CIFL right now, but he obviously still enjoys playing.  And, its a big deal (for Owensboro) that he is in town right now.









No comments:

Post a Comment