Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jared Lorenzen's old teams



I was going through some of my old photos I took from indoor games long ago and I found a few that might be interesting for Rage fans!  Our favorite QB, Jared Lorenzen is shown in each picture.
 
The top two photos I took at Northern Kentucky River Monster games.
 
This was a fun team that played just south of Cincinnati.  They played their games in a spectacular newer stadium and the vibe there was exciting.  The fans were in to the game and they were getting good crowds.  The River Monsters logo was awesome, as it was a tough looking green fish with an under bite, and an old school leather football helmet on (check it out on wikipedia).
 
Jared played for them, as did our kicker Uno.  Rage coaches Mike Goodpaster and Brian Schmidt coached there too so you know this was a solid crew.
 
The last two photos I have scanned in are of Jared when he played for the Lexington Horsemen.  The Horsemen drew great crowds- probably a few thousand a game.  Still, a crowd of several thousand can look small in a place like Rupp Arena.
 
The Horsemen were a fun organization and I remember the team intros and the video they would show before games were a lot of fun.  I remember Jared throwing a lot of souvenir footballs in to the stands! 
 
This team had some other NFL alumni on it at various times (I remember Craig Yeast spending time with them).  Their logo was not as cool as the River Monsters logo, as the Horsemen's logo looked suspiciously like the logo for the Broncos.



No comments:

Post a Comment